Saturday, January 22, 2011

Colourful Puncetto

I have long been an admirer of Puncetto needle lace from the Piedmont region of Italy.

Every once in a while, I take out my needle and thread and try to practice what I learned in two short hours of lessons at the 2009 Italia Invita Forum in Parma.

In May of this year there is even a 12 hour workshop available at the next biannual Italia Invita event to tempt me. While I wrestle with the decision of whether or not I can attend this workshop, I want to tell you about some special ladies who create beautiful coloured Puncetto which I first saw in a RAKAM magazine in March of 2008.


Last year there was another article about them in the April issue of Ricamo Italiano magazine.


Anna Rita Capone keeps a blog which I recently discovered with lots of pictures of her adventures with her maestra Ilaria Corradini.

The work is exquisite and the blog worth going through and looking at all her posts for each and every delightful and imaginative design and project.

Anna's latest Puncetto pieces have been single colour and she seems to be doing the work on commission so she doesn't have a choice in the colours but even the tone on tone pieces are beautiful!


What I wouldn't give to be able to execute the work these ladies do!

1 comment:

  1. Un grazie sentito per il bel post che hai dedicato al puncetto,sono onorata di aver avuto la possibilità di conoscere il tuo blog!
    Ritornerò a curiosare...
    Ciao
    Annarita

    ReplyDelete